The Design Director is responsible for creating effective, dynamic and well thought out designs for digital and social content, presentations, infographics, and collateral and event materials.
Candidate must have the ability to communicate information and data creatively and effectively. Speed, agility and positive attitude required.
Candidate should be comfortable working in multidisciplinary teams and have strong graphics, and storytelling ability.
They will partner with pitch teams, account teams, writers, and designers in the development of a broad range of communications.
In addition they are responsible for design direction, mentorship and quality assurance for the design studio team.
This will include working with the studio manager to manage workflow and resources and guiding junior level designers to ensure high quality work at all levels.
This position Reports to the Director of Production.
• Work with account and digital teams, writers, art directors and producers to develop and design a variety of materials including presentations and content to support clients and business development including:
o Concept creative ways simplify and visualize complex information
o Make recommendations on innovative form and function of materials
o Bring integrated marketing communications campaigns to life
o Create custom graphics and designs, including infographics, logos and other original work
• Collaborate with the producers, other designers, creative group members and account teams to gather and share best practices
• Guide and mentor design team, including freelancers, to ensure the highest quality work
• Insure adherence to brand guidelines for clients and agency
• 7+ years of design experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, ad agency or design agency preferred
• Passionate about design, communication, and client service
• Demonstrated knowledge of presentation and information design
• Demonstrated knowledge of paid media and content marketing campaigns
• Understanding of and experience in layout, color theory and typography in both digital and print
• Ability to uphold brand and style guidelines while creating new graphic content within those guidelines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to mentor and guide junior level designers to develop their own work
• Ability to give constructive, actionable feedback
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively, to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully and creates clean files
• Expert knowledge, accuracy and speed in INDD, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint. Animation, Final Cut Pro and HTML5 skills a plus
• Design school degree or bachelor’s degree in design required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs