We are currently looking for a Design Director / Senior Creative Designer with leadership experience to join a Sydney agency.
This Design Director job offers the opportunity to join a talented studio team, who think strategically and execute refine creative across media; to build brands and support clients with a consultative approach.
This role would be a great match for strategic thinking Senior Designer / Art Director who wants to remain hands-on, while progress their career to the next level.
This boutique design studio offers the opportunity to work on highly refined work, within an established creative agency with brilliant staff retention and a very positive work / life balance.
We are looking for a Design Director who is collaborative by nature; able to work from concept to final artwork delivery; confident Art Director and mentoring the talented Designers within the studio team to help them push their skills and ideas to the next level.
STUDIO PROJECTS: Within this Design Director role, you will be focused upon creative projects that are corporate in nature (rather than heavy call to action advertising), for example branding and a range of corporate communications such as thought leadership collateral, infographics, sustainability reports, editorial, websites visual / UI design, motion graphics, animations and more.
The ideal candidate will have a portfolio showcasing a refined visuals aesthetic across crafted designs, branding and beautiful clean typographic and editorial solutions for print and digital media.
PLACEMENT TYPE: The agency are ideally looking to bring someone on in a freelance or contract role to ensure the right fit before progressing into a permanent placement. For the right candidates, the agency may consider a straight permanent role.
• Refined creative aesthetic and strong eye for detail
• Collaborative nature to help the studio team to produce thoughtful, creative design
• Strategic thinking on client / brand communication challenges, to provide appropriate creative solutions
• Ability to creating design solutions for various media (print, digital, integrated. added bonus for hands-on motion graphics / animation)
• Methodical approach with strong organisational / creative studio project management skills
• Ability to mentor, direct, train and develop members of the studio
• Friendly manner with an engaging and professional communication style (verbally, visually and written)
• Desire to positively contribute to the sustainable growth and culture of the agency
• Passion for design, typography and creative trends
• An independent, self-motivated problem solver
INTERESTED? If any of the above roles sound like they could be the right match for you, please apply / email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can chat through the details.
KNOW SOMEONE SUITABLE / LOOKING FOR WORK? Please feel free to share / forward this role. We have a great referral bonus and can hook you up with $$ for anyone you refer that we place into roles.