The Moneyball team in C+E is looking for a talented Developer with the ability to create interactive websites/web apps. Our project is focused on training Lean-related methodologies and driving a cultural change in our engineering organizations. Help us executing on a vision of how to be more customer-focused and data-driven at Microsoft! You will work closely with our multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, and project managers on, redesigning our website, building a foundation for an interactive Web app, and refreshing our set of online and offline training materials.
The ideal candidate has a strong skill set in web technologies and web development, proficiency in visual/interaction design skills, plus a familiarity with Azure platform technologies. The developer will be responsible for implementing back-end complexity and front-end simplicity per pre-defined requirements. The developer should be able to take high-level design/functionality requirements, and can discuss a range of backend/frontend implementation strategies. The developer should love solving problems, a quick learner, able to ramp up on an existing codebase with minimal supervision and not easily discouraged when obstacles arise.
As a Developer, you will be required to code, test and implement web and other applications using current standard frameworks and methodologies. Must research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and applications. Must create and revise technical documentation to aid in future development and troubleshooting. Must establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with staff, end users, and others to ensure highest level of productivity and effectiveness.
- Analyze web application requirements, and deliver functional solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical personnel to understand user needs to research and recommend solutions.
- Able to work in an Agile environment and record work progress daily.
- Design and implement new features and enhancements in existing software systems.
- Troubleshoot and correct defects in existing software systems.
- Provide accurate estimates for time spent adding new features and fixing defects.
- Communicate consistently and professionally with internal and external stakeholders about the status of issues.
- Deploy projects to multiple environments like staging and production.
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn about and advice on new technologies.
- Develop highly usable solutions that have built-in telemetry for tracking usage and reporting.
- Share knowledge with others by contributing to our growing knowledge base.
- 3+ years of the development of web applications across front-end and backend projects.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting enterprise-class web solutions
- Able to document design & architectural decisions and produce highly maintainable code.
- 1+ year of experience working with Azure platform technologies
- Strong time-management skills with minimum need for oversight; attention to details
- Experience with AngularJS and Azure SQL
- 3+ years of experience in interaction and visual design
- Proficiency using industry standard design and development applications including the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Lean and Agile or similar methodologies
- Experience of working with CRM