Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Design and Process Manager to work a long-term assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Hoffman Estates, IL.
- Own eCommerce content (imagery & copy) creation process from start to finish – including scheduling of meetings with all necessary parties to extract product insights and strategic direction, content writing and obtain sign off from same necessary parties (including: Brand Managers, Product Managers, Product Engineers, Channel Directors and Digital/Amazon experts).
- Use available assets to create original product content that visually represent the main features and benefits of a product without relying on using market speak. Market speak includes, but is not limited to, appeals to emotion, hyperbole (the best, the most), logically impossible or unsupportable claims (unique, one-of-a-kind, best-in-class), and technical jargon (such as: pyrolytic ovens, induction cooktop, convection oven and intelligent sensor technology).
- The Design & Process Manager will be able to view and interpret all the files, and will work with the project manager on additional assets if needed. Sometimes the only information you’ll have is whatever is available online; the ability to find and filter product details is essential.
- Familiarize yourself with products and features from the beginning – to do this you must meet with and synthesize information received from product managers, etc. You will be asked to create content packages about products within the Appliances and Automotive categories – such as: major household appliances, product apps, small kitchen appliances (blenders, mixers, toasters, etc.), vacuums, air conditioners, air purifiers, car batteries, chargers and tires among other items. You will also be required to understand how each product fits within the full assortment – specifically if and why it would be looked at as an up-sell or OPP (opening price point) product and ultimately being able highlight features within an easily comprehensible comparison chart.
- A critical and imaginative eye is needed to determine the best combination of copy and creative that is suited for a variety of templates allowed. If certain templates are restricted, you must be able to adapt content based on what’s available.
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting your experience producing content that is easy for shoppers to either skim or read closely and that provides relevant product information and visuals
- 4-6 years of agency professional experience is a major plus
- Experience working with online retailers like Amazon a plus
- Must be a Conceptual/Strategic thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and communication skills and great attention to detail
- Managerial and/or project management experience