Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
The Deployment project manager is responsible for end to end project management tasks for retail store deployment projects. Will be responsible to gather scope and requirements, estimate deployment costs and oversee the implementation/deployment of projects. Will be responsible to manage internal BBTG resources as well as external deployment vendors for consolidation and installation of equipment in the stores. Will also be responsible for turnover transition to the Business-as-Usual and New Store Opening teams.
The deployment project manager must be a store liaison for the business and application teams by guiding them through the deployment process in the retail stores. Will act as a single point of contact for store related projects and will be expected to run a deployment project flawlessly to the customer.
There is no direct supervisory responsibility in this role, however, this position may oversee several project resources during the different phases of a project.
• Large scale retail deployment experience
• PMP Certification preferred
• 3-5+ years in retail deployment with strong understanding and background in large scale enterprise rollouts
• BS degree in Business or Information Technology field OR applicable retail deployment experience
• Anyone that has experience with managing circuit (network) upgrades in many remote locations would be a good fit
Additional Required Skills
• Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the deployment effort, including the plans, interdependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required personnel
• Ability to define, implement, and maintain project process guidance related to deployment
• Ability to provide technical leadership to project resources and the client to meet deployment deadlines and objectives
• Ability to design and develop solution pilots and simulations that meet functional, technical, and performance requirements
• Ability to consult with and develop technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during deployment
• Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
• Ability to document and communicate the status of deployment progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
• Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks concerning system deployment and maintenance activities, escalating them as needed
• Deployment Project Management to a large scale enterprise setting
• Vendor managements and relations
• Ability to run several deployment rollouts at a given time
• Previous experience using a Project Management methodology
• Take ambiguous tasks and work them to completion, sometimes figuring it out on your own.
Seek” versus “wait” mentality – when information is needed, seek answers versus waiting for responses (self starter)
• Strategic thinking – begin all activities with the end in mind; be proactive in accessing the long term impact of work done today
• High level of integrity – much of the project information is confidential including financial information. All materials must consistently be treated with this in mind.
• Ability to take ownership for work assigned:
-Seek updates, do not wait for others to act; e-mail is often not as effective as face-to-face communication as related to open item resolution
-Escalate to Manager if you are not getting the required responsiveness from action owners
-Demonstrate personal initiative and accountability in bringing items to timely closure
-Have knowledge about all assigned action items regarding current status
-Assign actions to others as needed for closure
• Analytical skills
-Ability to sort and organize large volumes of data
-Ability to analyze data and recognize trends, forecast outcome