Our client is seeking an experienced Deals Sourcing Manager to drive our deals program and operations centered on our social platform Marketplace ecommerce efforts. This person will own working with external partners to source attractive Deals inventory for our platform. S/he is an analytical powerhouse, loves to negotiate with external partners and somebody who loves creating processes and working cross-functionally across our organization. Retail/ eCommerce industry knowledge in different retail categories (Electronics, Home, Fashion) as well as expertise in a heavily promotional category or Deals oriented business model is recommended.
This person is action-oriented, quickly moving from information gathering to analysis to action to assess current landscape and identify new opportunities. Working across merchandising, marketing and partnerships, the ideal candidate should be able to identify key retail moments, activate them across our experiences and optimize for key performance metrics.
- 2+ years related experience in eCommerce or site/digital merchandising, focusing on multiple verticals. Home, Electronics and Deals/Promotions experience preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in site merchandising
- Knowledge of category and inventory management concepts
- Expertise working in a customer-focused e-commerce environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including 3rd party vendors, marketing, design, research, product management and engineering
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present to and influence large groups, and negotiate with 3rd party vendors
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems that span customer facing, strategy, and operations
- Technical background, or aptitude in picking up and understanding new technologies
- BS or BA degree, MBA or equivalent experience