Our top education client is looking to hire a data scientist with an expertise in Learning Measurement to join the Advanced Computing and Data Science Lab. This position will run through the end of December, with potential to extend. It comes with W2 pay and a generous benefits package.
Our client's mission, as an R&D group, is to improve the value of company products, services and processes with innovations in machine intelligence. The position provides the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research on a cross-functional, AI-driven team to push the boundaries of what’s possible in education and have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- - Make pioneering educational inferences in non-traditional contexts using large amounts of data from diverse sources, including emerging content types and technology-based student interactions.
- - Transform large, messy data into an ongoing source of actionable intelligence.
- - Ideate, plan, and execute research, drawing upon the cognitive/learning sciences, psychometrics, and data science to advance the field of digital teaching and learning.
- - Work collaboratively with team members and other stakeholders to build functional prototypes leading to new products and businesses.
- - Interest in human cognition, teaching, and learning.
- - Ph.D. in a quantitative field (or equivalent experience).
- - Solid background in mathematics and statistics.
- - Experience with educational measurement, specializing in one or more of the following: Item Response Theory, Bayesian Networks, Cognitive Diagnostic Models, Multilevel Models, or Intelligent Tutoring Systems. Have the ability to apply those methods in new situations.
- - Strong coding skills in Python and/or R. Other languages a plus.
- - Experience using version control and other software development tools a plus.
- - Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including research scientists, software engineers, and product managers.
- - A knack for creative problem solving and willingness to learn new technologies and skills.