We are seeking an entrepreneurial digital marketing Analyst to join our rapidly growing Data Sciences team. This position will be responsible for analyzing web site activity for one of our agency partner's key clients. The Analyst will consult on analytics requirements, produce reports, identify implications for design and marketing initiatives, and interact with clients and internal teams to plan programs that will increase marketing performance. The successful applicant will posses strong experience delivering customer insights based on website activity in a client-driven work environment. Experience working with Unica NetInsight or other web reporting packages required.
Core Duties and responsibilities
- Produce, analyze and deliver customer insights based on web site behavior, customer surveys, and other quantitative data sources
- Develops a strong understanding of the clients' business, current digital marketing initiatives, and customer experience goals; actively works towards insights and recommendations that will help Razorfish deliver solutions to meet these goals.
- Work with Sr. Consultants or account teams to translate client requests into analytic work plans
- Enjoys working with clients and team members to help them understand the implications of Customer Insights
- Serves as an evangelist for data-driven decision making, accountability, and a commitment to continuous optimization
- Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
- Perform hands-on analysis of large volumes of web analytics, transaction and customer level data. Work with complex data structure, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis - Learn and deliver online customer analyses, which may include: Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Advertising Research, Brand Research, Site Utilization
- Plan, execute, and analyze online surveys using survey technologies such as Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, & Factor TG
- Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
- Participate in national CIG practice groups to develop and promote analytic expertise.
- Adept at performing basic statistical analysis, such as calculating statistical significance, distributions, etc.
- Has or is interested in developing skills to be a hands-on practitioner of multivariate statistical analysis (regression and simple segmentation)
- Ability to query/join/transform data in a relational database
- Ability to interpret data and analize results to generate insights
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary client contacts, both verbally and in writing
- Strong client service skills
- Superb at time management and project management
Education and/or Experience Required:
- The applicant should have at least 3 years of work experience in a business environment, with a minimum of 18 months successfully working within an intensively client-focused model such as an external consulting or marketing services firm.
- Experience with one or more website reporting tools:
- Unica NetInsight
- Visual Science
- Experience cleansing, manipulating, and transforming data
- The applicant must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and training
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations using PowerPoint Preferred
- Some experience using SAS and/or SPSS. Experience working with transaction-level data is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with online survey vendors such as Factor TG or Dynamic Logic is a plus
- Experience in the any or multiple areas below would be a plus:
- Branding building/positioning/tracking
- Advertising (both online and offline)
- Marketing channel integration/media integration
- Managing large research or consulting projects
- Management/strategy consulting
- Site usability studies
- Experience with any of the following tools would be a plus
- Media: Atlas/DoubleClick
- Database: SQL Server/Oracle/DB2/Teradata
- Survey: FactorTG/Dynamic Logic/Insight Express
- Reporting: MS Analysis Services/Excel Pivot Tables/ Any other OLAP tools.