The online travel market never stands still. My client creates the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels and flights for their next trips.
The Data Intelligence team is responsible for the availability, reporting and governance of data critical to company growth and profitability. The team partners with the entire organisation - Product, Technology, Finance, Sales and Customer Operations – and support the leadership team and external partners in growing the business.
My client is looking for an energetic and passionate professional who loves to contribute to the successes of the team. They want the team to write SQL like it’s their first language and treat publishing tools like their own personal canvas while always remaining focused on the goals of the team and the business. You will focus primarily on data governance and analysis based on requirements of the business.
You will have experience working across in a fast-paced environment, across multiple concurrent projects. You can demonstrate your ability to work both autonomously, and collaboratively, towards the completion of requests and larger goals, on time and to a high standard. You are a natural problem solver and have an awareness of the commercial side of a business that will put you in a good position to become part of the beating heart of this dynamic organisation!
You are someone who can comfortably work with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into compelling and beautiful presentations of data, and other data solutions, whilst balancing multiple projects and priorities. All this while at the same time showing an eagle-eye for detail that sets the Data Intelligence effort out from the rest.
What you’ll get is the opportunity to continually grow and develop, provide data that people use in their daily roles, while working alongside some great minds and with best-in-class tech like Teradata, Hadoop and Tableau. You’ll also get exposure to some cutting-edge technologies and techniques like Spark, Data Science and Machine Learning. All that in a great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK’s #1 Place to Work!
- Design and develop reports and data analyses using the tools and data available across the business to meet user requirements and project goals. Enhance the existing tools to ensure the business is delivering the maximum value as the business evolves!
- Proactively (and reactively where needed!) monitor and troubleshoot datasets, reports, and data quality. Show the tenacity to solve those niggling problems that seem to keep coming back.
- Be one of the experts on reporting tools such as Alation, Business Objects and SQL. Be responsible for consistently providing ad-hoc support and training of the user community.
- Partner with different functions and stakeholders in the business (Analytics, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Operations) to understand their challenges and support cross-functional projects
- Investigate new data sources and calculations that can change the way the business looks at the business
- Help to optimise business processes using appropriate data-centric solutions
- Assist in data governance programs such as the curation of Alation, the data catalogue, and providing a branded voice and visibility to the rest of the org through the use of tools such as Confluence and the brand blog
- Assist in the production of beautiful PPT presentations to convey the works, value and vision of the data governance program.
- Document governance processes for visibility of the program
- Continue learning, developing and collaborating with the team!
- Be able to write SQL like it’s your first language, against relational databases like SQL Server, Teradata and bonus points if you can add Hive/Hadoop experience.
- Show the ability to fluently communicate data using analytics tools. Not just tables and pie charts! The business has a lot of data and it takes some thought tell a clear story, and not get lost in the detail
- Have a passion for data and understanding how things work, and prior experience in building reports/dashboards with visualisations data in a commercial environment is a bonus
- Be comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders
- Proactive, solution driven, and willing to take on the challenge of solving both technical and business problems
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to manage timelines and deadlines – The team have a lot going on and need someone who can consistently organise and deliver!
- Demonstrable experience in a Data Intelligence, report development, business analysis or similar role in a commercial data-centric company. Think tech, telco, travel, digital retail, banking, or similar.