Primary responsibility of the Technical Product Planner is to lead the strategic planning effort to create, communicate and maintain an integrated product technology roadmap. He/She will partner with business units to drive the definition and alignment of product requirements based on technology, capabilities and overall strategic vision.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a liaison between Business partners and Engineering organization to coordinate and communicate product development initiatives
• Validate overall feature roadmap for feasibility with Engineering and User Experience teams to ensure requirements and feature sets are viable
• Continuously evaluate the accuracy of the vision throughout the project lifecycle
• Work with User Experience teams to create the product experience, ensuring a UX and UI that is unified across all platforms
• Collaborate with Business teams to define overall competitive technology assessments and educate the Engineering organization
• Drive clear and concise direction for Engineering team to execute based on well-defined plans that distinctly outline agreed upon features and requirements
Qualifications / Skillset:
• Strategic thinker who understands the broader vision and can formulate a cohesive plan around that vision based on inter-related components
• Solid interpersonal skills - demonstrated ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with a broad range of individuals across different functions and levels.
• Holds a combination of technical and business acumen.
• Able to synthesize and articulate complex issues, see how details come together to form the bigger picture
• Has the mindset of a team player who works in a collaborative, cross functional manner
• Creative with an appreciation for product and UX design
• Strong communication skills – able to distill key information from different points of view, create presentations and articulate recommendations to senior management
• Minimum 10 years experience in product/program/project management and/or business/systems analysis.
• College graduate, MBA preferred.
• Consulting experience highly desired
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs