The role of the DITA Configuration Specialist is to act as the subject matter expert (SME) for the technical side of building out the DITA capabilities/outputs. This role is responsible for expanding out the DITA deliverable types and outputs to the Web and the Writing & Editing groups. Candidate will expand how the writers leverage DITA and how it works; how the writers can utilize DITA (example generate pdf’s, input schematics, etc.). The Content Configuration Developer will need to grasp what the writer needs, understand how the writer uses the system and how the business partner uses the information.
- DITA configuration (setting up document type shells, DTDs, schemas)
- DITA specializations (used to create new DITA elements and attributes to match the project data items)
- XSLT development (used to customize DITA processing and deliverables, especially for new elements and attributes)
- XSL-FO development (used to customize DITA PDF deliverables)
- Java development (used to customize DITA processing or develop web front-ends for DITA input or output)
- Ant development (used to control or modify the DITA processing sequence)
- DITA plugins (used to package, deliver, and install all the above)
- SVG (sometimes used to create graphics for DITA output)
Qualifications: Curious problem solver with tested HTML/CSS programming experience; experience with Content Management Systems (CMS); excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent problem solving skills; strong experience in working with end users and establishing collaborative rapport;strong attention to detail;must be flexible and adaptable.
Experience with: HTML5, CSS, XML, DITA, XSL-FO, XSLT, Java, Ant, SVG, Apache Tomcat, oXegen
This is a contract / freelance role. Project assignment durations will vary.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs