Our fast-paced team of design strategists is looking for new Industrial Designers/Product Developers who have a passion for building and implementing design strategies that deliver market revolutions and maximize current technologies and trends.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage the overall project and technical design development efforts of multiple assigned brands/product lines.
2. Collaborate daily with US based marketing, research and engineering teams to create innovative, robust, user-oriented and consumer-centric new products.
3. Manage external design, research and technology groups, as well as internal Far East support teams.
4. Interpret field research to gain an understanding of target user/consumer lifestyle and address consumer needs and preferences; leverage existing solutions and available technologies in product development.
5. Participate in product review meetings and present material to all levels of management.
6. Maintain currency in new technology and design methods and mentor others to seek opportunities to develop their skill base.
7. Ensure market feasibility of product design for assigned area(s).
8. Manage the overall quality, cost, schedule and development of projects and brands in scope of responsibility.
Client is looking for:
They are looking for designers who understand game / digital design, design methodologies and practices. Designers in this role will be responsible for identifying and recommending the best digital design strategy(s) for projects in their early development stages. They will also be responsible for guiding and evaluating external developers design decisions on those same projects in the production stage.
Much of this role can and will be the “management” of the project’s design. This role is NOT to create a design by yourself and hand it off for someone else to execute your instructions / direction.
Day to day duties will be defined by hiring manager and team working with the designer to define areas and tasks they can contribute to, take ownership of and successfully complete in the limited time they will be on site.
This is not a senior level position. They need someone who is eager to learn, has the basic skills and is willing to help fill in the “gaps” where needed. That person will discover that as they successfully complete a wide range of “little – unrelated” tasks, the impact and personal mark that they will leave on the over-all project will be larger and much more significant than they ever could have initially imagined.