Technical 3D Designer
One of our fantastic Agency clients who specialised in designing and developing native applications and digital experience design for emergent technology are looking for an experienced technical 3D designer to join its growing automotive department.
This Designer will be working alongside the UX, UI and Motion Graphics designers the Technical Artist's role is to create accurate 3D models of the 2D interfaces.
They are currently develop interfaces using Cinema 4D before moving the assets into a series of specialist 3D tools that bridge the gap between a full 3D scene and working HMIs. The final output is a working.
HMI file and asset pack that is shipped to the automotive manufacturer.
• Working closely with the UI/UX designers to understand the creative direction of HMI
designs, and advising as to what is and what isn’t possible using 3D tools.
• Creation of 3D assets using industry standard 3D programmes.
• Gathering these assets into specialist in-house 3D software (training will be provided).
• Maintain the highest degree of accuracy when replicating signed off interfaces and animation while at the same time bringing your own creative input through knowledge of the 3D tools.
• Attending meetings with clients and partners, providing insight into 3D capabilities as well as opportunities and risks with any chosen creative route.
• Understanding the role of code written software widgets in the specialist 3D tools we use in-house (training will be provided).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 3+ years professional 3D experience within a studio or similar environment.
• Strong level of proficiency with industry-standard 3D tools.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Stellar attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to innovate.
• BA degree in Interaction 3D Design or related field or equivalent work experience to senior
level in interaction design.
£35,000 - £50,000 per annum based on experience.
Cinema 4D is our preferred program, however we will consider applicants with 3D Max, Maya or
The successful candidate will be working from our London studio, located in Borough, 10 minutes
from London bridge.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Technical 3D Designer