Our group is chartered to build differentiated experiences for our W platforms with a focus on holographic and immersive mixed reality devices. We constantly explore and push the potential of the larger AR/VR playground that empowers our customers. Our aspirations are simple - we want to positively impact the world of Entertainment and Enterprise, improve people’s lives, and delight our customers.
We are looking for a highly-motivated concept artist who can take on visual tasks with a variety of artistic approaches. We flourish by hiring creative minds who push themselves and their work in an environment of problem solving, innovation, and excellence. Qualified individuals are expected to communicate efficiently, bring a high level of impact to our process and collaborate effectively with development team members. You have a consistent record in crafting a broad range of artistic styles, storyboards, and concepts. You are versed in programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, or equivalent programs, as well as knowledge of current visualization techniques. The Concept Artist will have a deep understanding of popular trends in graphic design across several target audiences.
• You will work closely with the art director and experience designers to assist in the visualization of any assets in the form of traditional and/or digital 2D drawings, texture swatches, color boards, and storyboards
• You will generate detailed concept drawings and designs for architectural as well as natural (organic) level objects to be built by 3D artists
• You will render detailed level drawings and/or paintings in 2D based on primitive geometry provided by designers and artists
• You are responsible for seeking feedback from peers and leads
• You will help in the creation of assets for use in products, UI, marketing materials and other assets
• You actively participate in creative discussions and reviews, as part of effective communication with cross discipline team members
• You give appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and/or product in a collaborative environment
• You consistently meet project deadlines set by project leads
• You are organized, self-motivated, and able to identify and meet goals
• 2+ years’ experience with drawing and conceptualization in a wide and diverse range of art styles
• 2+ years’ experience with illustration including composition, perspective and color theory
• Firm grasp of formal and avant-garde lighting techniques.