Do you want to make genre-defining experiences for a broad set of users? Do you want to apply your excellence in texture creation as the person who sets the foundation of a high quality visual experience? DO you have a passion for the details that make every texture believable and interesting? Do you want to add style and character to the worlds you are working on?
You will be responsible for creating textures and materials from Zbrush to final assets for an exciting project that strives to be ground breaking all the way down to the texture work. A stylish world that demands a keen eye and strong skills to create. An exciting art direction that relies heavily on the foundations of the texturing and materials to give it strong visual legs.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong Expert knowledge in Photoshop.
• A strong skillset in Zbrush, our texturing techniques and style require this knowledge and must have strong examples to show this tool integrated into their pipelines
• A strong understanding of efficient UV layouts and editing
• A understanding of complex materials and an expert level understanding of the interactions of Spec, Normal and color maps.
• A knowledge of real time lighting and shadowing.
• An ability to work in various styles and detail levels
• Passion for creating textures that are the foundation for beautiful worlds.
• Work with Art Lead to create high quality materials and textures in specific styles
• Primarily responsible for creating a large amount of terrain and world textures and materials.
• Secondarily responsible for support texturing of props and other game elements.
• Creating all levels of materials from the Zbrush sculpt to the polished shippable in-game textures
• Balancing the textures and materials in-game and working with the World team to get that balance with lighting and atmosphere
• 2+ years working in production as a texture artist for video games.
• Shipped at least one console title as a texture artist
• Strong portfolio centered around textures and materials and their creation process.
• 2D animation skills
• 3D art skills and related knowledge.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs