As a Cinematic Level Generalist, you are responsible for working with the Art Director and Cinematic Director to oversee the production of cinematic sets from the greybox stage to shippable quality. You will be expected to work closely with the storyboard, animation, layout, lighting, level art, and FX teams to proactively remove blockers and assist with any level related issues or requests. At times, you will need to work closely with the design team to negotiate or come to a consensus with design to solve art/design issues. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
• Placing, replacing, and assembling art assets into the level.
• Working with AD and Art Leads to achieve visual direction for the level.
• Collaborating with Level Designer(s) ensuring level is playable and performant.
• Engaging with Level Designer(s) when there is a conflict between art and gameplay priorities.
• Working the Art Leads to create environment set breakout sheets.
• Communicating cinematic set requirements to environment art team.
• Tuning materials and lighting where appropriate.
• Building assets where appropriate.
• Optimizing content to achieve performance profiles and collaborating with technical artists.
• 2-4+ years of environment art experience on level based titles.
• Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
• Excellent work ethic and problem solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Expert in Unreal 4 or UDK.
• Experience with Blueprint scripting.
• Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
• Strong working knowledge of Maya.
• Strong working knowledge of Photoshop.
• Shader authoring and scripting are a plus.