POSITION IS LOCATED IN LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
Our client is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. They explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
This Customer Sales Associate will be partnering with the Sales team to manage the customer account. They will not be responsible for cold sales calls. Main responsibilities will be around the customer service/sales capacity, pricing, and billing for the accounts they will manage. They have to interact with the customers from placing orders, pricing, billing, and invoicing.
• Bachelor's degree.
• A minimum 1 years of relevant experience as a Customer Sales Associate
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge. Intermediate Skills include MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
• Possesses a strong background in both customer service and accounting/finance.
• Able to analyze data and reports to find issues which require attention.
• Ability to focus resources on key business drivers and objectives.
• Problem solving skills.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Sets high standards of performance for self and work group.
• Consistently displays Corporate values and principles in all customer dealings and company business.
• Expected to work safely and to promote the safety of the workgroup.
• Working knowledge of SAP, CRM systems and processes.
• System Skills: Understands and acts on complex order entry, pricing, billing and accounting systems (SAP, OCS).
• Able to understand the big picture and take appropriate actions to create required results.
• Provides customers practical business solutions over the phone through experience, networking and good problem-solving techniques.
• Works in a team of 6-8 Customer Sales Associates supporting the business of the Global Lubricant's business unit.
• Meets customer expectations within the established operating guidelines of the business.
• Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers while executing financial transactions in the areas of pricing and billing.
• Communicates clearly, listens to customer needs, and balances financial objectives with customer needs.
• Analyzes complex customer problems/situations to determine the resolution that is in the spirit of our customer driven partnership.
• Accountable for resolution to inquiries and has the authority to make decisions in alignment with business strategies and goals.
• Transfers inquiries to resident experts or outside of the Lubricants Business Center correctly and with appropriate information. Ensures all cases are closed in a reasonable period of time.
• Manages customer pricing mechanisms, discounts, and rebates for all products and solutions.
• Initiates contacts with customers and sales personnel to investigate and resolve pricing disputes.
• Tracks errors in SAP and develops processes to prevent recurring issues.
• Monitors and enforced delegated pricing authority levels within the SAP system.
• Monitors tracking and measurement systems for selective discount programs and recommends actions to Sales Managers as a result of data analysis on pricing, profitability, product availability and customer profitability.
• Manages billing process and exceptions for all products and solutions, including clearing all pre-processor edits through SAP and supporting systems.
• Proactively monitors and audits billing documents for accuracy and timeliness.
• Teams with credit and receivables group on outstanding receivables.
• Manages cancel and rebill process to minimize number of rebills, evaluating alternatives to find least expensive way to get the product to the customer.
• Advises customer on margin.
• Manages buyback processes for appropriate market channels. Ensures direct and marketer customers are in alignment throughout the buyback process to minimize revenue leaks.
• Manages customer relationships in pursuit of "value-added" account management.
• Responsible for customer intimacy in transactional and service requirements.
• Maintains working knowledge of customer profiles and key contacts. Proactively contacts customers for input and service feedback.
• Responsible for large account load assignment while teaming within workgroup to assist on other accounts as well.
• Partners with other Lubricants Business Center support teams in support of total customer experience.
• Performs customer administration requirements in support of sales process.
• Continuously seeks ways to streamline administrative requirements of our customers and our sales reps in support of customers, driving technology solutions where appropriate (CRM, knowledge mgmt, and web interfaces), including customer web applications.
• Pursues continuous education in IT systems and processes.
• Serves as a SAP expert in billing and pricing processes.
• Advocate for online systems and partnership with Business Point functionality in support of customer needs.