Job Title: Content Editor/Curation Editor
Building Location: London Victoria
Contract will run until the end of September and could roll on from there.
The successful candidate will need to be an expert in ‘lifestyle’ editing – health/fitness or fashion/beauty backgrounds would be great. They will also need to be able to generate ideas for the team as well as have picture experience, as they will be responsible for slide shows too.
The successful candidate will be expected to run through high levels of content – essentially as many galleries a day as possible so they will need to get up to speed quickly with the content used within the team. Experience working with worldwide markets would be ideal and the successful candidate would need to be very hands on.
The International Editorial Solutions (IES) team sits within the Information & Content Consumption Experience (ICE) group.
IES work globally, delivering a daily stream of curated sideshows across nine content verticals, supporting programming, complimenting partners and delivering PV KPI in all markets.
Daily tasks of the IES Curation Editor include:
• Planning and delivery of daily slideshows from topics assigned by your designated Managing Editor(s)
• Creation of assets to support promotion of your content
• Partner with the localisation editors to target key content for processing
• Alerting markets of new content readiness, assuring the content is promoted and programmed appropriately
• Support reactive slideshow curation around global breaking stories and send/track alerts using internal tools
• Support planned events, including out of hours work if needed. (subject to local contracts and laws)
• Support regional programming by spotting editors picks, long reads and regional content from that can be processed and shared
• Gather KPI reports, share insights, seek feedback, screenshots and develop best practice
Key Performance Indicators:
• Ensure the production and delivery of 10 to 20 slideshows (or equivalent) per editor, per week
• Ensure the local translator workflow is fully utilised
• Ensure the content is communicated and delivered to market for publishing and promotion
• Ensure we gather feedback, screenshots and KPI from markets and report back
• Adaptability: Demonstrate curiosity and actively explore options. Respond efficiently to changing demands and circumstances. Function effectively in ambiguous situations and maintain a constructive attitude in times of stress.
• Collaboration: Drives alignment and teamwork within a team, department, or across organisational boundaries. Combines resources and joins efforts to achieve company-wide goals.
• Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals.
• Influencing for Impact: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others.
• Judgment: Effectively scopes problems. Builds and applies a job-relevant knowledge base. Makes decisions with conviction.
• Customer Focus: Anticipates customer needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer expectations. Recognise the issues that customers want to resolve, and create, or facilitate the creation of, products and services to address customer needs.
• Conversion: Use various methods of influence to bring other people to a shared point-of-view. Demonstrate and communicate the alignment between customer and the client’s perspectives, and works to expand opportunities for innovation and long-term growth
• Customer Value Realisation: Influence customers to implement technologies and services that realise their business objectives. Interact effectively with customers and set appropriate expectations and success factors.
• Insight and Analysis: Define, measure, and optimize business impact by understanding and applying data-driven intelligence to create change. Understand unarticulated and latent customer needs, and quickly applies these insights to inform decisions and drive strategy.
• Modern Storytelling: Builds narratives, targeted to customers and/or partners, to create an emotional connection that drives demand and brand reputation.
• Operations Management: Synthesizes information, from a systems perspective, to enable the continuity of supply chain and sales motions, while improving the customer and partner experience.
• Plan, Organise, and Execute: Create and drive plans for the implementation of individual projects and programs. Drive alignment across program stakeholders via effective communication, measurement, organization, and leadership
• Trusted advisor: Convey professional depth and breadth, and build strong client relationships. Effectively influences clients.
Editing experience is required. Strong writing, editing, project management, communication and organisation skills are required. Must have the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work as part of a team. Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a field related to the subject area in which they will be working is required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Content Editor/Curation Editor