Have you ever written dialogue for a film, TV show, video game, or comic book? Does your writing showcase the subtleties of your language and culture? Are you able to appeal a wide audience that includes from children to grandmothers with your writing talents? And can you effortlessly explain how to do all of these to other people, and in English?
You will be creating dialogue for an A.I.-powered virtual assistant that answers questions and gets stuff done. This is also an interactive character -- users can chat with it about almost anything. As a Creative Writer in the team, you’ll delight users in your language market with witty lines of dialogue. You’ll curate culturally relevant and engaging content like jokes and fun facts. And you’ll adapt the character to fit your language and culture.
Success will be measured both in terms of quantity (delivering a high volume of content) and quality (delivering culturally appropriate and compelling content).
- Creative writing, editing, and reviewing for dialogue, user interaction, and character development.
- Developing and maintaining a style guide.
- Coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders in your market.
- Performing content audits, quality assurance, and stress tests.
- Creating presentations and decks.
- Brainstorming ideas for features and games.
- 5+ years as a writer for a mass consumer audience.
- BA in Creative Writing, Journalism, Screenwriting/Film or similar fields of study, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience writing dialogue for plays/screenplays, comedy/entertainment, and/or radio and broadcasting
- Excellent organization, project management skills, and ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in the market’s language.
- Strong communications skills and fluency in English.
- Experience and interest in product & game design, design skills.
- Passion for pop-culture and current news.
- Professional experience managing translation at scale.
- Interest in technology, data & statistics.