Our client is seeking a Creative Traffic Manager to be the central contact point for all project work that flows in and out of their creative team. Once a job has been opened in the project tracking system, the Traffic Manager will develop a high level timeline. Working with the Creative and Account teams, the Traffic Manager will assign specific people to the project. The Traffic Manager monitors resource requirements and alerts the appropriate staff of outside/freelance staffing needs. The Traffic Manager helps to make sure that all work will be completed within the scheduled deadlines. As needed, the Traffic Manager will work with the Account team to adjust job deadlines and priorities while still meeting their Client’s needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As Jobs are opened by the Account Team in the project tracking system, the Traffic Manager is notified and assigns the project to a Project Manager.
- Reviews workloads with production manager/project manager/creative/art production teams and adjusts assignments as needed making sure that the appropriate talent is used and workloads are evenly maintained.
- Helps create internal cost estimates based on hours, roles and services required for the project.
- Upon receipt of all inputs, the Traffic Manager helps create timelines that will ensure that the work will be completed within the Clients deadlines while allowing ample time to get the work done to the expectations of the Client. Uploads project schedules in system from Project Manager.
- Raises awareness of resource challenges to the broader Account and Creative teams
- Acts as the mediator between all Account team members to establish and re-evaluate priorities.
- Make adjustments to schedules and overall workload as job demands change.
- Makes sure each staff member knows the assignments that they need to complete and the due dates.
- Keeps in contact with all agency teams regarding current deadline status and any issues that may need client or agency attention.
- Assigns project numbers and revision letters for proper documentation.
- Generates status reports and recommends process improvements and efficiencies.
- May act as backup Project Manager when Project Manager is out of office.