Creative Services Project Manager
The Project Manager executes internal client requests ensuring on-time, on-budget, delivery of marketing collateral. The PM must exhibit outstanding project management and client communication skills in achieving the highest possible standards in client service. In addition, the PM will be the primary point of contact to the client for assigned projects.
The Project Manager:
- Owns the project
- Tactical role
- Responsible for project plans, managing timeline and risks, estimates project scope and change orders, timeline and delivery
- Develops and maintains solid client relationships; encourages a collaborative approach with departmental team members
- Writes creative briefs on complex projects and interprets them for project teams
- Negotiates timelines and budgets and ensures that all deadlines are maintained
- Reviews client change requests and responds with schedule/cost impacts along with alternatives
- Oversees activities in managing workflow, project planning and creative reviews
- Recommends the effective reuse of existing materials where appropriate, to minimize client costs
- Collaborates on creative development and direction with client, design and production teams
- Manages expectations with clients and departmental teams.
- Represents the interests of the client in interactions with project teams
- Ensures all branding guidelines are followed to the letter on their assigned projects
- Leverages knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Agency or in-house creative team project management experience required including graphic design, marketing campaigns, web/digital, photography and video. Knowledge of print/production is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the creative process as well as design and print/web production
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects from concept to delivery
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Resourceful and solution oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent creative project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to gain client trust and effectively manage client expectations
- Strong understanding of energy/utility industry is a plus
- Successful track record at client service in a marketing or creative environment