Growing San Diego client is looking for a seasoned Project Management professional to join their team full-time. This Creative Project Manager will be responsible for delivering on operational targets with limited instruction as well as performing analysis of data and situations with a variety of factors to achieve business targets with significant impact on department results.
- Communicates with contacts both within and outside of function on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and / or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
- Works to influence parties within the function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Prepare project reports for management, client, or others. Manage final delivery of multiple project initiatives designed to client.
- Immediate projects in 30-60-90: will need to implement new PM system, new processes and standardize processes and will need to reinforce the processes.
- Work with upper management to set up standard operating procedures for marketing, its fundamentals, tools and process.
- Responsible for implementing and reinforcing the standard operating procedures, from a governance prospective.
- In conjunction with day-to-day projects, will need to run all tasks associated with a major user group event.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• 5+ years of PM experience.
• A true multi-tasker who enjoys wearing many hats and working in a high-volume environment.
Desired Characteristics & Fit
• Experience implementing a new PM tool such as Workfront or Asana.
• Strong personality with the ability to push back on clients/vendors.