The Project Manager will support the development and management of marketing efforts and projects for a newly developed in-house Creative team within a Fortune 500 Company.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Develop project plans and execution strategies for all projects from initiation through completion.
• Utilize a rigorous process of defining client requirements and project specifications.
• Use formal processes and tools to manage resources, project purpose; clarify roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
• Manage complex projects that cross multiple areas of a business, with minimal to no guidance from a more senior member of the team.
• Manage project estimation activity including daily schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
• Manages each project to ensure on time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
• Work closely with Creative Director to select core creative team, communicate approach, present plans and gain sign-offs.
• Work closely with Creative Director and clients to ensure resource strategy for specific tasks and to implement sourcing schedule to ensure workflow coverage and optimize talent.
• Conduct project kickoff meetings within the creative services team to communicate roles and ensure all team members have the tools to perform effectively.
• Analyze and discuss risks and/or benefits involved for project requests and relay to client with accompanying solutions to enable client and team to mitigate risks.
• Solves a range of routine problems encountered in projects.
• Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating, reporting progress and quality of work, managing issue resolution and taking corrective action when necessary.
• Promote effective teamwork, and bring interpersonal issues to the attention of the Executive Creative Director
• Attend weekly and monthly meetings as necessary
• Create clear realistic schedules from kickoff meeting to completion and communicate those schedules to all appropriate staff. Red flag concepts and requests that are unrealistic, if needed
• Red flag talent, workflow and production issues
• Provide guidance, when necessary, to ensure successful conclusions
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives and the objectives of the functional or business areas supported.
• Contributes to the project management team objectives and tracks objectives as necessary.
Minimum and preferred experience and skills
• Must have a clear understanding of the creative, digital and print production process
• Project Management Certification is a plus
• BA or equivalent experience
• At least 7 years managing creative projects in an agency or in-house agency necessary