We are looking for a Portland-based Creative Lead who is willing to travel frequently to NYC.
- Acts as account ‘connectivity’ and liaison between Account Manager and Project Manager on key accounts.
- Creative consult/Problem Solving
- Create 3D models, prototypes, sketches, and proof of concept models that effectively communicate design intent.
- Design direction for functional prototypes and presentation quality prototypes for internal and external presentations.
- Provides the continuous; immersive coverage representation key accounts require.
• Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Industrial Design from an IDSA accredited, Architecture or equivalent school.
• 7-10 years experience of fixture/environmental design. Preferable experience designing retail experiences with an emphasis on consumer interface and usability.
• Proficient with Sketch Up; Adobe PhotoShop, and Illustrator; Microsoft Office Suite. Functional knowledge of fabrication and common assembly processes. Familiarity with various materials (Steel, Wood, Printed substrates, etc).
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of retail merchandising and spacial relationships centered around customer journey.
- Psychology of buyer and shopping process; what motivates a consumer.
- Ability to verbally compose and communicate a retail strategy dialog with clients.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts & direction with creative team.
- Multitasking varying deadlines and vendor ingredients into holistic solutions; just in time delivery.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary by project; and cyclical throughout the year.
- 30-40% travel to NYC client location
- Client visits and presentations