The client is an international communications consultancy looking for a Creative Director to join their team for a temp-to-perm, 40 hrs/wk onsite role in San Francisco, CA.
You will report to the Executive Creative Director.
As a member of the engagement practice leadership team the role holder needs to be financially astute, be a strong people manager, and have exceptional client handling skills. The Creative Director is accountable for ensuring that all creative output is delivered to the highest standards within budget and to brief. The role holder needs to understand our business, positioning and methodology and be able to offer innovative and strategic creative insight to support our clients meet in meeting their business objectives. They will be responsible for driving new business, responding to RFP’s and pitching the creative thinking within our work.
- A leader who will provide the team with the direction and space to innovate.
- A strong collaborator who can build cross team and geography-working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent design and creative skills from brand engagement campaigns to visual brand development; Conceptually searching for a great idea that can drive a client brand.
- Working with Clients - Acting as a senior lead client-facing creative with the ability to understand complex client issues and and how brand engagement and creative expression can solve problems.
- Strategic Credibility - Displaying a high level of strategic problem solving and lateral thinking which gets buy-in and commitment
from all relevant stakeholders. Sharing best practices and resources within the engagement practice and across the broader agency. Excellent understanding of the role of brand in engagement and business growth
- Client Relationships - The ability to deliver outstanding creative that not only meets the needs of our clients but also provides sustainable business value/growth in a clear and compelling way.
- Strategic Skills and Tools - Uses strategic agility to identify and solve problems for specific business or brand issues faced by clients and prospective clients.
- Communication - Being open, articulate, passionate and clear on what you and the team are delivering and improving team morale. The ability to provide clear briefs that motivate and enable staff. Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Efficiency and effectiveness - Having a financial understanding of time and deliverables required for each stage of a program
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Strong agency experience (5-10 years) working on quality clients and campaigns on a variety of brand engagement issues.
- Client-facing experience and strong communication skills (i.e. client pitches/presentations in front of stakeholders and large groups)
- Working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of delivering creative solutions that have effected/enabled business change with great results.
- Innovative, strategic, and conceptual thinking (i.e. not afraid to pushing hard for creative solutions that become leading examples of brand engagement).
- Ability to take large picture thinking of campaigns and hand off duties to Art Director and respective Designers on the team (i.e. leadership/management)
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated portfolio, hourly rate and annual salary, and availability to interview/start!