We’re looking for a Creative Director
Synonymous with stylish design and unique, nature-inspired fragrances, our company draws inspiration from the serene beauty of Maryland’s idyllic shoreline. The brand is available through the most renowned retailers in the US and abroad, and provides style, fragrance, and ambiance to millions of families around the world season after season.
Our company is a great place to work. We are passionate about our brand and strive to excite our audience with stylish, innovative product and top-notch customer service. We attract and retain the best people and offer an environment that is fun, fast-paced, and inspirational. We take pride in providing our employees with room to succeed and grow. At our company, you can work on brands and products you are passionate about and take advantage of opportunities to achieve your professional and personal goals.
As the leader of the Creative team, the ultimate success of the position is measured by, or linked with, contributions made to the following key areas:
(1) Conceptualization, design, development & execution of product that is innovative, brand right, highly saleable & meets the overall business objectives of our company.
(2) Lead the team in development of products and design attributes that focus on
optimizing consumer value in each of the sales channels.
(3) Apply creative direction in product design to ensure that our company is differentiated from
its competitors as a result of highly innovative, trend driven product.
More specifically, such contributions can be attributed primarily to the following:
• Successfully executing consistent product that represents the brand aesthetic, business positioning, target consumer and retail customers for tour product, Modern Light®, and Target® brands.
• Leading edge interpretation of fashion, fragrance & home décor industry trends; effectively & appropriately applied in the development of brand right product
• Consistently develop high quality, attractive & saleable products & packaging that meet our price points & generate profitable sales.
• Consistently develop innovative, "brand right" product that keeps our company competitive & meets the evolving needs of the business.
• Effectively prioritize & execute workflow of team to ensure high levels of organization, productivity & efficiency to meet deadlines.
• Develop strong relationships between PD&D and internal departments, as well as external contacts, including factories & vendors, overseas offices & factories to ensure excellent communication & coordination of issues.
The essential role of this position is to lead, develop, inspire and evaluate the product development and design teams by providing excellent creative review and clear constructive feedback. The Creative Director creates an environment where performance, quality improvement and craft of design are of primary focus by establishing branding guidelines and delivering designs that fulfill a brand promise and support brand values.
The position includes but is not limited to the following duties and is subject to change to organizational needs:
• Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
• Conceptualization of creative/branding solutions from concept to completion of product
• Establish creative direction for the entire line of products
• Differentiate our company from its competitors by its innovative and high quality creative work
• Determine and communicate the best ways for our company to visually represent our company’s identity through its products.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate abstract and complex aesthetics of product concepts in color and design for consumer products to internal teams, vendors and customers.
• Maintain a leading edge focus on new technology and product development
• Interpret latest fashion, fragrance & home décor trends appropriately for the product & brand.
• Translate National and International trends into product concept strategies.
• Lead the creative process from concept to execution.
• Conceptualize & develop innovative product utilizing new home fragrance technologies to promote our position as a thought leader in the industry
• Create and establish current and long range product strategy based on market opportunity and consumer insights aimed at keeping the organization in forefront of change within the industry.
• Lead the development and roadmap of new robust products and product lines strategy.
• Ensure the evolution, enhancements and management to existing products that supports the strategic business objectives and create competitive advantage and ensure that they are positioned right, in the market.
• Development of the Strategic Plan for the Design Department and ensure effective implementation
• Provide leadership to the entire organization in the area of creative design and innovation
Skills & Interests
• Knowledge & maintained interest in art, design, fashion, fragrance & home décor history & trends.
• Knowledge & maintained interest in retail & manufacturing of consumer products.
• Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts, Business or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred
• A strong working knowledge of design, brand development and creative process
• Ability to think creatively, take calculated risks and adapt to frequent change
• Ability to uncover customer insights and translate them into an effective product development program
• Track record of developing successful consumer products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Superior computer software design skills, including expert level PhotoShop & Illustrator; proficient in Word & Excel.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
We’re looking for a Creative Director