We have a client who is a social media agency in LA, looking for a Creative Director to join their team. Please read the entire job description before you decide to apply to understand in detail what we're looking for, because I can almost guarantee you this will be like no job you've ever had before.
Our client is Bi-Coastal and international with offices in LA, NY and Dubai. They specialize in creating stories across social platforms for clients such as American Express, Starbucks, Universal Studios, and Ford. They're seeking a new Creative Director as their previous has been promoted to CEO and he's no longer available creatively to the design or accounts teams. The ideal candidate will be passionate about storytelling, serving as a voice for the agency and for the members of the communities we build, helping them to connect and support one another. It’s essential that the CD have stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills, too. The best creative directors have elevated soft skills that enable them to inspire creativity and work well with different personality types — all while juggling various projects. This CD must be able to balance being very hands-on with projects while also mentoring and managing their creative team.
This person should have a mix of experience across social media digital advertising and longer form content, and be comfortable with multiple content formats, working with talent, and can drive a project from idea, sell-in, pre-production, production, post-production and delivery! As CD, you will lead the ideation process and creative team from conception through to execution. Key word being LEAD, and not manage or direct. This is a highly collaborative team and all members count.
- Bachelor of fine arts, design, sociology or related field preferred, Equivalent work experience also accepted
- 7+ years’ experience spanning editorial, design, advertising agency, film, events, and/or branded entertainment
- 3+ years as a Senior Art Director or ACD
- Experience pitching and winning new business
- 3+ years’ experience managing and mentoring a creative team
- We are looking for creative hybrids with various backgrounds and specific deep interests in culture and social ecosystems
- Expertise in Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital, social media, content & technology
- Passion, positivity, diligence, self-motivation, ability to work in modular teams and as an individual
- This client is an incredibly fast paced and creatively demanding environment and creatives will have to balance many projects at once with tight deadlines and production schedules.
- Must be comfortable with Shoulder Surfing
- Must be an ideologist, sociologist, or have a unique vision of the world while being able to put that to paper or into a deck.
- You started from the Bottom, now you're Here! Did you work your way up from the mail room? Because that's the kind of hardworking people we want for this team.
- You're passionate about People.
- Location: West LA
- Pay: Negotiable and DOE
- Start: Immediately (willing to wait for the perfect person)
- Position could sit in LA or NY, but must be on-site with either team and willing to travel