The Creative Director ("CD") provides creative team leadership, copy/design direction and day-to-day team management for a rapidly growing in-house agency team in our client's Global Marketing department. The group supports a wide range of marketers and other communicators working across Global Marketing and broader Essential Health organizations. The in-house agency is responsible for delivering a broad range of best-in-class Tier 1 & 2 creative work across all channels for purposes of branding, advertising and promotions, sales enablement, meetings and events, medical education, internal/external corporate communications, and other purposes as requested by internal stakeholders. The Creative Director is also responsible for supporting his or her in-house agency peers in the Account Services and Operations teams in building high-value client relationships and ensuring top-notch customer service at all levels of interaction. The Creative Director must exhibit outstanding creative judgment and guide the creative team (designers, copy/content writers, developers, multimedia specialists) in achieving the highest possible standards for all deliverables regardless of medium. The Creative Director maintains a sound knowledge of clients’ business and brand strategy, target audiences, and campaign objectives. The CD leads and inspires innovative and conceptual solutions to address those challenges, getting personally involved in solving highly complex and/or high value creative challenges.
Works harmoniously with others to get a job done and leads the team in a collaborative fashion.
• Shares critical information with everyone involved in a project
• Helps to set a tone of cooperation within the creative group and across the organization; promotes a “be of service” mentality across creative team
• Finds common ground with clients when debating creative or strategic opinions
• Encourages individuals to take on specific roles to help provide exposure to the broader organization
• Give the team proper recognition and credit for their contributions
• Builds a collective team vision and defines goals and objectives
Creative Direction, Leadership and Execution:
Directs and partners with staff to accomplish creative objectives
• Directs/owns complex, high-value project activities and effectively leads and manages work of creative team.
• Leads execution of Tier 1 and Tier 2 creative on select projects including initial creative development
• Provides brand guidance and direction to ensure consistent alignment with brand standards
• Manages team to a consistent high-level of quality as evaluated by senior Marketing leaders and clients
Works to improve the team’s performance by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning/feedback.
• Constructively helps and coaches direct reports in their professional development through informal and formal feedback sessions (i.e., performance reviews)
• Contributes to formal feedback of writing and design teams via the Team Leads; provides informal coaching to team members throughout the department as appropriate
• Demonstrates a real sense of caring for the team’s professional and personal well being
• Plans regularly scheduled one-on-one time for personal coaching and mentoring of direct reports
• Exhibits a “can-do” approach and inspires and motivates associates to excel
• Fosters a team spirit that is reflective of their collective personalities
• Nurtures a culture that is fun to work in and helps build an open creative community
• Proactively deals with performance issues to address them with staff
Partners with clients to achieve effective outcomes in an efficient manner
• Works with clients to articulate creative needs concisely, yet in a complete fashion
• Appropriately balances client desires, business requires and marketing standards
• Builds strong relationships with clients; perceived as credible, trusted advisor