Well known and leading action sports company is seeking a Creative Director for a 3-6 month temporary assignment with full benefits!
Candidates must be able to showcase an edgy, fresh portfolio!
Our company values the voice of the youth, which is why it is powered by creative self-expression through outlets such as action sports, music, and street culture, to name a few. As Creative Director, you will oversee multiple product categories, such as ACDs to assure their creative ideas are on strategy. In this position, you will cultivate the marketing strategy, assuring it gets honed into a sharp creative brief. Your imagination will steer concepts into strategy, making sure all iterations of campaigns are reinforcing strategic message. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market is expected.
On a regular basis, you will collaborate with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product to make sure creative delivers on needs for retail and packaging. It is essential that you contribute your expertise in electing photographers and creative partners for projects.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Owns multiple product category and oversees ongoing, multi season campaigns, understanding their relationship to the overall marketing strategy.
- Works with Integrated team to align creative concepts and executions of category creative.
- Approves photographers, locations, styling, and edits from photoshoots.
• Partners with marketing counterpart, reviewing the creative brief to assure alignment.
- Aligns concepts with strategy and helps set up presentations to marketing.
- Mentors their creative staff, helping them set goals and plan their careers.
• Remains current on industry trends and technology.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A minimum of an Associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
• 8+ years design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
• If no degree is possessed, then 8–10 years related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
• 4-6 years of supervisory experience required.
• Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography
• Fluency in current advertising, design, and fashion trends expected