We’re looking for a fantastic, creative director for a mid size, collaborative agency in Somerville where you will oversee a growing department of visual designers. This dynamic group is responsible for creating digital experiences for inspiring and influential brands, specifically for a huge variety of client industries. Some of theses industries include healthcare, financial, non-profics for public health and event an Art Musueum, This agency has some strong tech and development chops- now, we’re looking for an energetic leader who can elevate our creative design reputation.
We’re looking for a creative director who has a background in art direction or visual UI design. In this role, you’ll work in close partnership with our UX and Strategy team to formulate innovative concepts for clients and will also collaborate on client pitches and projects. You will also work on active projects with client stakeholders to ensure that our creative work adheres to their brand standards and delivers meaningful results for their business. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience leading and developing others, builds trust quickly and likes being a part of growth and change.
You must be able to communicate with clients strategically and creatively on a high level, regarding concept and messaging – but you’ll also be particularly engaged and experienced with the detail and aesthetics of visual design itself. You will manage the creative process from concept to completion, ensuring that visual standards are met, and mentoring the visual designers at the agencyto help them push their skills, and their clients, forward.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders
- Be a hands on part of the visual and design team when needed
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience (based on user research) and effectively communicate those opportunities to clients and to internal audiences
- Estimate, plan, and oversee all creative work
- Collaborate with strategy, user experience design, and business development teams to create and develop new business opportunities
- Drive all creative aspects of sales pursuits, including: shaping and responding to opportunities, proposal creation, and orals presentations
- Attract, recruit, mentor, and retain creative talent
- Identify tools, templates and techniques that evolve existing approaches, both in the design department and across the company
- In collaboration with operations and client services, manage resourcing for design projects
The right candidate for this position has a demonstrated history of success both as a forward-thinking visual designer and as a manager.
- Expert-level design experience in a lead creative role at an established agency (3+ years in a management or director-level creative/design position) or other client-facing role, preferably working on large-scale, long-term projects
- A portfolio of work that includes enterprise-level or high profile companies
- Experience with building/growing a design team, mentoring designers, and directing/delegating client work to graphic designers
- A proven ability to architect and deliver creative pitch presentations to executives
- Mastery of graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite/Sketch) and an ability to train others on advanced design concepts using the tools
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers
- A thorough foundation of user-centered design methods and techniques
- A hunger to stay up-to-date and engaged with current trends and high-profile influencer’s in the design field – even better, you have written some articles yourself!
- The ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth; an empathetic and considerate team member ready to learn from anybody and nurture team cohesion
- Alignment to company vision and core values