LOCATION: Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Consumer Digital Product Owner
Our large financial services client located in Springfield, MA is looking for a Creative Designer for the Digital and Customer Experience team for a TEMP TO HIRE opportunity.
Their Consumer Digital team is a rapidly growing and evolving team that is identifying and delivering new ways for people to learn, interact and transact with the company on their terms, time and channel of choice. With responsibilities for Online and Mobile experiences, the team handles both marketing and servicing needs, and looks for both evolutionary and revolutionary change to drive improvements.
The ideal candidate will have experience with converting wireframes into mock-ups and creative design in UI and UX. They will be very hands-on and ready to build mock ups that look and feel like the final output which UX specialists will use to apply UX principles on sites and mobile.
Our client is ranked 96 on the 2014 Fortune 500 list and was again honored by Working Mother magazine as one of its “100 Best Companies”. Diversity Inc for the fourth consecutive year, named our client one of its “25 Noteworthy Companies” and continue to be one of the “Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees”
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE:
• 5+ years of visual digital design with direct experience in e-commerce, product, marketing, and operations teams
• 5+ years of experience working in an AGILE environment alongside Brand, UX and front-end developers to implement your designs
• Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa Sponsorship
Competencies & Experience:
• Passionate about the digital channel AND creating an engaging/compelling customer experience in all facets of the lifecycle – BUT also understands how to design for an multi- or omni-channel experience
• Curious and analytical by nature, comfortable working with both quantitative and qualitative data; but also able to take a stand and move forward based on gut-feel when no better data exists
• Experience in either start-up or corporate agile environments where a go-fast mentality prevails and creates a requirement to wear many hats
• Communicator/Translator who is equally comfortable speaking about technology to a business audience as they are speaking about business and customer needs to a technical audience – and able to do it effectively at all levels of an organization
Connect customers to our business (abstract financial products): Design with the user in-mind and find the right balance between business, brand and customer.
• Work with our Customer Experience team on branded digital projects throughout the entire customer lifecycle, including improving lead generation, conversion, launching new product features, and bettering general digital experience and flow. And do it all through beautiful, precise visual design.
• Leverage behavioral science to design financial tools, games and calculators that are intuitive, fun, entertaining, and educational all at the same time
• Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
• Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into digital experience enhancements and new features
• Evangelize key design metrics throughout the organization at all levels, and develop and share performance metrics to key stakeholders to demonstrate the progress being made
• Build and maintain a roadmap to delight users and grow the business
• Work with our Product Management teams to develop a thorough set of branded web standards.
• Work in an AGILE environment alongside Brand, UX and front-end developers to implement your designs
NICE TO HAVE:
• Passionate about and highly experienced in visual digital design of direct experience in e-commerce, product, and marketing (this is not your first rodeo)
• Lives and breathes digital & systematic visual design. Type sizes, leading, padding, color ways, grids, layouts, photography, iconography and overall user experience and tech innovation
• A multifaceted creative who understands how design translates across all devices
• A prototyping aficionado (you do it early and often!)
• Well-versed in both cutting edge design trends and classic principles
• Obsessively detail-oriented (almost to a fault!)
• Accustomed to validating designs through both user and A/B testing—mixing both qualitative and quantitative design feedback into your process
• Flexible when it comes to trying new approaches on any given project
• A spirited leader. Someone who can help guide our team and bring new insights into design and process
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
LOCATION: Boston, MA