Working alongside a talented set of designers, copywriters, video makers, strategists and digital specialists in the Brand team, the Creative Designer will not only come up with eye-catching design work for 300+ retail stores across the UK, but will be working on pushing the whole brand forward. The successful candidate must show an ability to craft copy and visuals together whilst being able to think about creative in a multi-channel environment.
The Creative Designer will have a keen eye for what is going on in the Telco industry and more importantly, the wider creative community in order to bring new creative ideas to the brand table whilst remaining focused on our brand purpose of reinventing the rules and making mobile better.
- Idea generation - the role requires creativity, thinking and the ability to really get under the skin of a brief and add value and insight.
- Work with other members of the Brand and Creative team and internal clients to understand project requirements, agree timelines.
- Use design skills to input into existing and originate new creative from concept (copy and visuals) through to completed artwork or presentation.
- Understand and manage client needs and expectations.
- Line management of two designers/artworkers
- Maintain effective filing and archival records for digital files.
- Commitment to adhering to tight timelines.
- Delivery of artwork up to the required quality and accuracy standard.
- Provide technical input and solutions for the regarding complex project requirements, including online research where required.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested from time to time.
Knowledge and experience
The successful applicant would have the following:
- Excellent creative, leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of advertising and agency environment.
- Experience of ATL and TTL campaign work with guidelines.
- An open and proactive approach to working with other team members.
- Comprehensive and relevant industry experience with a portfolio reflecting this.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Be proactive and take responsibility for accuracy, quality and delivery of work to timelines required.
- An in-depth knowledge of the print process from brief through to final output.
- Experience in design and production for digital.
- Computer skills mandatory: Adobe Creative Suite - in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign, Office 2008.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of retail and digital communications.
- An interest in mobile/digital design and communication.
- Knowledge of video production (Final Cut/After Effects).
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs