Graphic Designer - 3 month contract / mat leave / Columbus, OH, on site, full-time.
Our client is looking for a talented contract designer to support our creative team. We hope to ﬁnd someone with positive energy, intelligence, fresh ideas and passion for great work; someone who thrives on collaboration; who can take a good idea and see it through to execution.
This person will be covering a creative designer role for 9 week maternity leave. This person will be supporting Insurance, personal lines, and holiday card material via print and web design.
Qualiﬁed applicants must have superb conceptual ability and 5-7 years of experience working in a corporate marketing or advertising agency environment in a creative role. Ideal applicants will also have the ability to bring complex, sometimes technical subject matter to life with clarity and simplicity.
• Career experience should be in a creative role ( design).
• To be considered for an interview, a portfolio is required and should represent a range of examples demonstrating the various creative disciplines mentioned below.
• Ideal candidates will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience presenting work to clients in a business setting.
Skills / Qualiﬁcations
• 7 years experience as Graphic Designer
• Strong creative and conceptual skill with the ability to align visual solutions with strategic business objectives and brand guidelines
• Proven experience in concept development as well as multi-page layout (brochures, booklets, etc.), typography, packaging, and various forms of digital design (web, email, social media, etc.).
• Expert-level technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) are essential.
• Serves as an expert in the administration and coordination of in-house vendor services in order to meet production requirements.
• (Optional, depending on need) Develops multimedia interactive web graphics and animation for electronic devices and user interfaces. Create the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products using text, data, graphics, sounds, animation and other digital and visual effects.
• Creative concepting for business-to-consumer and business-to-business marketing campaigns, supporting strategic marketing and sales objectives
• Content development / Design development for marketing collateral, advertising, direct mail, signage, trade show booths, digital, social, web and other forms of marketing and sales material (print and digital)
• Prepare and present creative concepts to strategic business partners