Creative and trade Copywriter for Creative Packaging Group. Creative copywriting assignments are as follows:
- Gain and develop superior knowledge of Boys brands through research in order to oversee development of tone/voice of the brand.
- Gain and develop knowledge of the broader company culture and benefits in order to provide on-brand copy solutions for cross-functional support.
- Write effective on-brand copy that is exciting, culturally relevant, and supports marketing initiatives.
- Creative writing and proofreading projects range across a multitude of platforms including, but not limited to: packaging copy, brand/retail guides, promotions, marketing materials, and collateral materials.
- Trade copy assignments consist of: writing and proofreading effective descriptions for company brand toy product to support sales and public relations needs.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Multifaceted, Detail-oriented and creative copywriter needed for fast-paced, deadline driven role. Writing for Fortune 500 companies for a consumer audience and proven experience building brands through writing across all facets of the brand a must.
- Ability to problem solve, plan solutions that meet business objectives, as well as handle multiple projects simultaneously are critical to this role.
- Must have the ability to build collaborative relationships, effectively and confidently communicate with cross-functional teams and tactfully interface with employees at all levels, including but not limited to: peers, creative/art directors, producers, legal, toy design, marketing, public relations, sales and executive level personnel when necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Write effective on-brand toy, trade, advertising, and body copy for Boys brands. Maintain and apply knowledge of trends in boys entertainment. ----Write instructional copy that is on brand, effective, informative and understandable globally. Flawlessly proofread all materials to spot design and copy inconsistencies.
- Attend line reviews and meet with marketing and product design to understand product features and attributes in order to write effective product copy for packaging.
- Ensure all copy has been routed to legal for approval at key milestones and make any appropriate prior to copy upload into system.
- Maintain and follow company legal standards, as it relates to copyrights, trademarks and protection of intellectual property.
- Keep current with competitive landscape. Follow department- and company-established workflow guidelines and systems.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to organize and project-manage a heavy and consistent workload while performing under pressure. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish set goals and schedules. Ability to work under limited supervision with a wide degree of creativity and independent thinking. Ability to multi-task, adjust quickly, organize and re-prioritize. Ability to balance creative excellence vs. project efficiency.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3+ years experience professional writing for: print advertising (consumer and trade), consumer products, branding/style guides, program naming, etc… Conceptual and creative thinker Ability to problem solve Detailed proofreading
- Experience in kid-related content and packaging Microsoft Word and Excel Ability to utilize company systems and operate within them Collaborating with cross-functional teams Advertising agency experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Entrepreneurial, exhibiting a sense of ownership and responsibility Proactive/assertive Creative thinker and solution oriented Adaptable to changing environment Energetic and quick learner Effective in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy, creative environment Flexible and able to perform well under stress Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with adversity Positive, go-getter attitude Sense of ownership and responsibility Adaptable Willing