The core accountabilities of this position include:
• Marketing Intelligence: Demonstrate mastery of assigned lines of business, assigned client brand(s), as well as integrated marketing communication strategy.
• Client Partnership: Work collaboratively with clients to develop smart, successful, integrated communications strategies in support of business objectives.
• Project Management: Manage and guide project workflows to execute client campaigns, marketing collateral and customer-facing content.
• Leverage knowledge of hotel business strategy, marketing communications insight and brand acumen to guide the development of sound, integrated creative communications solutions on behalf of assigned client across all channels (i.e. print, web, social, mobile, and video).
• Support in the strategy and execution in the development and delivery of content, social and/or digital marketing campaigns to various audiences.
• Gather strategic business and user insights from clients to develop comprehensive project briefing documents, ensuring client alignment on objectives and enabling the team’s understanding of projects/assignments before work begins.
• Partner with Creative team to scope and shape concepts and executions (design and copy), positively influencing project outcomes, across channels.
• Prepare and pitch business and campaign proposals to clients that include high quality creative concepts and on-strategy business rationale that is in sync with clients’ global marketing plans, brand and portfolio positioning.
• Work collaboratively with assigned clients to develop and implement integrated marketing communications strategies in support of business/program objectives, brand and portfolio positioning and global content strategy.
• Proactively engage clients early in the process with a view towards helping —planning/forecasting work up front and holding ?discovery meetings” to inform projects before they begin.
• Operate as a liaison between project team members, clients and external/internal business partners.
• Strengthen client partnerships by applying project management expertise as well as marketing expertise and brand acumen to ensure that projects are executed on time, on budget and on strategy.
• Responsible for project initiation, estimating and scheduling, with help across internal departments.
• Monitor and track the labor delivery and budget for active projects and specific project deliverables. Communicate priorities, needs, challenges and opportunities as appropriate to other internal cross-functional team members.
• Communicate regularly with client, including project status reports, meeting summaries, budget-versus-actual reports, etc.
• Partner with creative team to present creative assets and other project deliverables, such creative concepts and copy, in order to obtain and translate client feedback.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Requires 4+ years of work experience in marketing communications and/or advertising with at least three years as an account manager or coordinator.
• Experience with brand marketing or agency client work required.
• Experience with content strategy, some content creation work required.
• Consumer marketing, tv/video production and/or publishing industry experience desired.
• Ability to partner with clients to develop relevant, effective marketing communications strategies—scoping projects in support of clients’ business objectives.
• A strong sense of copy/design best practices along with experience developing creative communications across multiple media and social channels.
• A comprehensive understanding the role of content plays within multiple marketing channels to develop appropriate strategies towards client goals.
• Experience leading as a multi-functional project team in both traditional and digital marketing (particularly with creative, content, digital, production, distribution, print production and fulfillment colleagues and external vendors) combined with a proven understanding of project estimating, scheduling and workflow trafficking.
• Experience with social media including developing strategies, tracking and analyzing activities.
• Ability to succeed under pressure, working independently to managing multiple concurrent projects while shifting priorities and responding to changing business/client needs.
• Customer-oriented with exceptional attention to detail, organizational and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Exceptional customer communications and relationship management skills
• Journalism or editing experience is a plus.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or business required.