We are seeking a Creative Account Strategist to work with our Fortune 500 client for a short-term contract. This role will work across in-house agency business units to lead and develop creative strategies and approaches that meet client goals. In addition to leading discovery, briefing and client-facing meetings to identify strategic opportunities, the candidate can quickly and effectively articulate those insights and opportunities to effectively launch creative ideation and concept development within the creative team. Candidate will also demonstrate clear and persuasive points of view (verbally and in written form) in client creative presentations, proposals, creative briefs, and more. Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, the candidate will also assist in the execution of strategic business and proposal development, for the client’s external-focused business unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the big picture and can "connect the dots"; prioritizes, guides creative team in developing strategies (in messaging, challenge/mode, frequency, tone, etc.) that meet client goals
- Partner with Marketing Communication partners, Creative Project Managers and design teams, and other stakeholder partners to ensure realistic, actionable plans are put in place
- Lead opportunity/discovery conversations with partners by asking the right questions, getting to the heart of the creative assignment
- Translate complex ideas and industry speak into language easily understood others, in client presentations, in strategic or creative briefs, etc.
- Co-lead (with Creative Directors/Associate Creative Directors) client-facing meetings and presentations to persuasively sell ideas
- Participate/collaborate in building strategic proposals/recommendations for external clients
- Help to refine creative assignments and their briefs to effectively launch the creative/concept development process; consultative in the approach