The graphic designer is responsible for providing highly skilled design and desktop publishing skills to conceptualize and develop creative that meets desired goals and objectives. The graphic designer will handle the creative aspects of print and Web site design and will execute projects from conception to completion while meeting schedules and deadlines.
• Conceptualize and design graphics, layouts, Web site pages (using corporate Web design standards), logos and templates.
• This candidate should have a solid sense of design, layout, color and typography; ability to design clean and professional layouts and graphics for print and online media using layout, type and color principles and most importantly, attention to detail.
• Conceptualize and design communications materials such as books, e-newsletters, banners, posters, PowerPoint presentations, news magazines, brochures, electronic media, ads, packaging, signage and other collateral.
• Participate in all aspects of the design and production process, from development of concepts to production work to attending press checks to reviewing finished products.
• Provide customer service and technical support to internal clients, project coordinators and printers regarding design, software applications, logo specifications, etc.
• Produce print-ready files/art, including four color process jobs, spot colors, die cuts, etc.
• Understand corporate branding guidelines and ensure graphics and production materials are consistent and adhere to brand standards.
• Proof assigned projects for errors and to ensure correct trademark usage and adherence to corporate identity standards.
• Maintain high level of accuracy, consistency, efficiency, confidentiality and proficiency in producing published products.
• Upload files to vendor servers; review and approve final proofs from printers.
• Ensure creative projects are completed on time.
• Maintain organized electronic files and follow established production and archival procedures.
• Make independent decisions based on knowledge and understanding of customer needs and project deadlines.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned.
• A print-design background with the ability to do motion graphics/video is ideal, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor's degree in graphic design, related field, or related certification, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five-plus years of experience in design/ad agency environment and/or corporate design group.
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Solid sense of design, layout, color and typography; ability to design clean and professional layouts and graphics for print and online media using layout, type and color principles.
· Ability to translate concept into structured layout.
· Ability to develop/create new concepts and designs, as well as skills to update existing files and designs.
· Skills in photography and photo manipulation and restoration.
· Excellent understanding of print and Web production.
· Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to produce materials and execute projects quickly under tight deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to work well in high pressure situations and meet all deadlines.
· Basic project management and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize work loads.
· Willingness to complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned in order to support the overall organization.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to participate in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
· Ability to communicate effectively with peers, internal clients and vendors.
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Must be available to work 40hrs / week.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs