Our client is a fortune-500 healthcare insurance company seeking a copywriter/proofreader to join their busy, growing team! This role is perfect for a writer who has previous experience working on corporate communications projects. If you are seeking a long term project with potential to come aboard with a great organization on a full time basis, please read on:
Write promotional copy supporting the external communication and marketing efforts of AHA/IA. Work on a range of media, including print (brochures, direct mail, ads), web, multimedia, and digital signage. Proofread copy developed for external communications. Ensure that copy is well written, grammatically correct, properly formatted, and compliant with corporate standards. Correct basic spelling, typographical and grammatical errors (proofreading), check facts, style consistency and undertake significant rewriting (copy-editing).
1. Write promotional copy for external communications for internal departments. Must possess understanding of all product lines and services, as well as the overall communication objectives of AHA/IA.
2. Must have knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of writing copy for print, Web, and audio-visual media.
3. Research subject matter. Confer with author on content, form and style. Recommend revisions to copy. Determine origins of content provided by customer groups. Discuss and resolve any potentially libelous material.
4. Proofread, review and edit materials for accurate use of grammar and content. Make stylistic, compositional, factual, and grammatical corrections.
5. Check facts, phone numbers, web site addresses, table of contents, index and other references. Make sure source material is cited where applicable.
6. Assure adherence to corporate writing styles. Must develop expert knowledge of Gregg Style Manual and IBC FOC-specific guidelines for external communications.
7. Verify logo and disclaimer information accuracy.
8. Communicate effectively with staff to seek information and resolve questions regarding the text and technical aspects of printed components. Make recommendations to design staff regarding placement, format and emphasis of text. Must have knowledge of typesetting and Web based styles.
9. Work with managers, coordinators, designers and production staff to maintain schedules.
10. Must have the ability to review and mark documents manually (standard proofreaders’ marks) and using industry software features (Acrobat, MS Word).
Detail oriented individual with an excellent knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar. Must be able to focus on written work for extended periods. This position requires a BA/BS degree in English, journalism, communications or related field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years writing, editorial, proofreading, and/or printing experience. Familiarity with the health care industry is preferred, but not required.