This is an exciting opportunity supporting a client which is the leading publisher of personalized photo gifts. The copywriter will write concise communications and copy across all media platforms (website, emails, banners, social media and print) that clearly communicate the client's brand. This position is based in our LA studio on Wilshire Boulevard.
- Monitor appropriate messaging of text to meet brand and product requirements.
- Manage style guides and brand identity management tools for integration of client brands across all marketing media (emails, ads, landing pages, web, social media, collateral, direct mail, etc.)
- Establish copywriter standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in approach
- Utilize workflow process and technology (both the client’s and Aquent’s) to ensure successful transition and quality delivery of workflow processes and technology on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate obstacles, and improvement opportunities within workflow processes.
- Deliver service that meets or exceeds expectations, concerns, and priorities.
- Improve own performance/knowledge base to exceed standards.
- Contribute to efforts to improve work processes.
- Utilize appropriate resources (i.e. technology and training) to ensure quality.
- Work successfully with team of designers, other copywriters and communications for multiple client brands.
- Collaborate with the entire creative services team to offer content solutions that increase ROI on creative (i.e. increase market differentiation, increase speed to market, etc.)
- Participate in formal performance reviews, ensure professional development and set new objectives annually.
- Proficient in requisite desktop applications (Word, InDesign, Acrobat) in order to develop copy and content to be utilized in concepts and design deliverables
- Use client's workflow technology (Clarizen) in the creative environment to track workflow metrics.
- BA in Communications, Advertising, related field or 7 years equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail advertising, mail, and/or marketing communications industry required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in copywriting role, managing complex projects from creative brief to production..
- Significant knowledge of marketing and design principles and industry current affairs.
- Significant experience developing copy according to brand style guidelines.
- Resourceful and efficient approach to research and fact-finding.
- Has excelled in a corporate Creative Services or Marketing Communication matrix environment.
- Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Portfolio contains samples of content for direct mail, brochures, ads, newsletters, posters (and other large format deliverables) and complex marketing campaign suites—including multiple versioning.
- Portfolio contains samples of deliverables written according to brand style guidelines on language and tone.
- Demonstrated creativity and impact of messaging and copy writing.
- Evidence of creative concepting and/or pitches of multiple ideas and options that are on strategy.
- Excellent command of the English language including use of metaphors, spelling, grammar, syntax, etc
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
- Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
- Excellent health and dental insurance subsidized
- Comprehensive benefit package including 401(k), FSA's and voluntary insurance programs
- Paid weekly
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Access to free training and continuing education