We are a Washington, D.C.–based strategic communications firm, helps visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet. We work with high-profile clients in politics, government, advocacy, philanthropy and business. We offer our clients a full range of communications products and services, including research, strategy, message development, and communications campaigns that utilize advertising, social media, grassroots organizing and other tools.
Great writing is at the heart of everything we do. We’re seeking a highly skilled writer/editor with a diverse portfolio who can lead our quality control efforts and create top-notch content for a variety of audiences and platforms. This is an opportunity for a highly creative, professional writer/editor with experience in marketing, branding, advertising and/or entertainment to put your talent to work for meaningful causes.
The Copywriter/Copy Editor will be responsible for creating inspiring and effective content, editing written products drafted by other members of the team, and ensuring that all written products are of the highest quality. The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Lead the firm’s quality control process, building on our writing standards.
• Lead brand management for the firm, with particular attention to voice and consistency.
• Serve as a copyeditor/proofreader for all external consulting products.
• Create top-notch content for branding, marketing, strategic consulting, advertising, public affairs, media relations and thought leadership.
• Produce products such as message manuals, speeches, talking points, strategic plans, research reports, case studies, social media content, press releases, op-eds, marketing collateral and website/blog content.
• Write for a diverse set of audiences, from national decision-makers and news media to voters and consumers.
• Collaborate with a team of researchers, information designers and other communications professionals in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
• A versatile writing style with a wide range of voices for different audiences; a flair for storytelling and narrative technique; vivid, emotive language; flawless mechanics; and excellent attention to copy editing detail.
• Experience and interest in coaching others on writing and editing.
• A portfolio with a variety of high-quality writing samples, such as: ad copy, scripts, marketing collateral, speeches, press releases, reports, brochures, white papers and other content for use in public affairs and marketing.
• 5+ years of experience in branding and marketing—and some exposure to/interest in working with organizations in politics, advocacy and/or philanthropy (journalism and social media experience are also valued).
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs