Aquent's Fortune500 client in Woonsocket, RI is looking for a Copywriter for a 3 month assignment (40/hrs 5 days, onsite) with potential to extend beyond.
Description: Reporting to the Associate Creative Director of Loyalty & Personalization, the Copywriter will lead and
generate writing in digital and print campaigns within our vendor-funded Loyalty and Personalization
programs. This individual must have strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper
punctuation, spelling and grammar. He or she must have the ability to influence creative concepts
within defined creative guidelines and work collaboratively in an ever-changing environment to meet
aggressive business goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead and generate impactful copy and content that delivers on and adheres to the brand vision,
tone and brand standards while ensuring consistency.
Presents copy concepts, serving as copy subject matter expert to adhere to brand standards and
pre-defined creative templates.
Apply deep and demonstrated experience in writing for deliverables that include email and direct
Successfully use skills and knowledge to create compelling themes, ideas and copy that are on
brand, and meet or exceed business objectives.
Partner with design peers to deliver on the brief and project expectations and ensure execution of
ideas and copy as planned.
Ability to edit copy from vendors to adhere to brand standards and pre-defined creative templates.
Portfolio link or samples must be provided for consideration.
• Minimum 1 year of experience as a writer in an agency and/or corporate environment.
• Proven track record as a Copywriter, with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps to inspire
• Constantly evolving knowledge of contemporary writing and marketing trends.
• Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
• Demonstrates proficiency in developing copy concepts in at least one functional area like retail,
digital or marketing.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
• Ability to understand a marketing brief and translate the input into ideas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Has experience expressing ideas, concepts, and copy through verbal and in-person presentations.
• Ability to take creative direction and incorporate feedback.
• Excellent team player and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Must be flexible and adapt/react to change.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
High School Diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising/Communications, or
equivalent combination of education and experience