The copywriter is responsible for development of compelling creative concepts and high quality verbal content, within brand and on strategy, across a large variety of print and digital media specifically geared towards our multiple retail channels. The copywriter must exhibit strong writing skills and an ability to collaborate with the creative and design team to ensure quality, verbal and visual consistency, and timeliness of material. This person must ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory restrictions. In addition, keeping informed of the business challenges and competitor strategies is critical for success.
• Writes creative, effective marketing copy for retail following a creative brief.
• Researches clients, their competitors and the target audience to support creative strategy and inform the execution.
• Provides writing support for aligned client group(s), as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires
• Collaborates with creative team as needed to meet specific project objectives.
• Produces original, clear, and credible copy and is accountable for the final development of creative assets.
• Ensures accuracy, attention to details, and overall meets or exceeds the writing objectives.
• Ensures messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
• Executes writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed).
• Responds to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner.
• Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
• Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work.
• Edits and proofreads material as demand and scheduling requires.
• Supports leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Demonstrates proficient expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
• Proficiency with AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
• Understands writing applications in traditional and emerging channels.
• Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
• Is able to “boil down” verbose content to the “essence” of the main message in a concise, effective manner.
• Exhibits consistent quality control in work.
• Exhibits an understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media.
• Exhibits competency presenting creative work.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or related field
• Experience with major retailer or national specialty store preferred
• External and/or in-house agency experience required
• Minimum of five years professional level writing experience required
• Portfolio required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs