Our healthcare client in downtown Louisville, is looking for a Copywrtier to join their internal creative agency. The Copywriter is responsible for the copy integrity of marketing communications materials and programs through strategic direction and development of targeted messaging. Ensures copy is consistent with client's brand standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working from creative briefs, teams with designers to develop and execute concepts for major product and marketing initiatives.
- Develops broad marketing messages that can be conveyed across a variety of vehicles.
- Works with clients and colleagues to identify business objectives and ensure that creative solutions are on strategy—effectively explaining the creative strategy behind major marketing campaigns.
- Understands client's style and maintains tight quality control over all the pieces he/she creates; writes in client's voice and supports brand positioning.
- Maintains product knowledge and understands needs of assigned business partners.
- Successfully incorporates all changes and suggestions from internal department reviewers, business partners and legal and compliance reviewers.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and marketing communications trends and incorporates new ideas into company's process and procedures.
- Helps Creative team workflow process run smoothly and finds innovative ways to enhance it.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with in-house agency colleagues—design, account management, traffic, and electronic communications—operating as a positive agent for improving internal communications and workflow.
- Serves as a mentor for junior members of the Creative and Editorial staff.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with concentration in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent experience combined with and outstanding creative portfolio.
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in a marketing communications or advertising agency environment.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, business partnering, and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan strategically and developed broad-based programs.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.