Calling all copywriters with agency experience and a passion for sport!. Amazing opportunity with LA Sports team looking for a talented Copywriter responsible for leading the copy development for a wide range of online and offline materials that promote, support and build the Team's brand. This includes supporting campaign conceptualization, copywriting, editing and proofing for a variety of projects across digital, email, sales collateral, social media, websites and co-branded activations.
- Lead on-brand copywriting across channels with a focus on print, sponsorship activations, ticketing campaigns and digital communications, including email, social and website campaign expressions.
- Drive cohesive brand storytelling through copy that is in sync and connected across channels by ensuring consistency of tone, voice and messaging throughout all marketing materials.
- Partner with internal clients and marketing team to conceptualize, design and produce visually appealing, marketing-focused communications.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, ensuring that deliverables are achieved on time while maintaining the highest standards of quality and creativity.
- Ensure that copy on projects fulfills the creative and strategic vision devised by the company into effective messaging that helps drive sales and marketing results.
- Write, edit and manage copy updates to website content and print materials for merchandising, promotions and the full marketing mix.
- Develop copy that maintains the consistent voice and style of the brand while conforming to layout and other design constraints.
- Edit and proofread the work of other writers and internal stakeholders for accuracy in terms of content, style and usage.
- Take a lead role in brainstorming and creative concept meetings; generate creative concepts that support marketing strategies and integrated campaigns.
Role Qualifications (Skills/Experience/Capabilities):
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in Journalism, English, Communication, or Liberal Arts.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience; ideally will have some agency and client side experience.
- Strong command of the English language; Bi-lingual in Spanish writing abilities a plus.
- Portfolio of highly creative work required!
- Must understand sports and stay current on industry best practices and trends in communication.
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience copywriting across multimedia environments and understands nuanced differences of what breaks through across different media, including digital, social, video and print.
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and avid user of multiple social media channels
- Naturally curious with an innate pulse on culture
- Keen eye for good design and a thorough understanding of copy/art spatial relationship.
- Proven track record of developing witty, culturally relevant copy (latter is especially relevant for social); understand the fine line of wit and mindful of not crossing the line to put the brand at risk.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with all levels within the organization.
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- Positive team player.