Wanted: awesome copywriter. Able to compose longer-form content in clear, concise language that’s conversational enough to read out loud. Also able to develop demand-gen campaigns, blog posts, website copy, banners, emails, social, signage, event guides, and sharp, smart headlines that put a fresh twist on the input brief.
Creative and Digital team is looking for a mid-level Copywriter for our creative Events team. You’ll craft compelling original content and you’ll refine other's content and make it better, clearer, more conversational, and more concise. You’ll occasionally brainstorm creative concepts, but your real focus will be acting as a demand-gen master, creating connected advertising campaigns that drive registration and engagement. You should be able to write long-form copy, and—this is critical—translate business jargon into approachable, conversational English that can explain what we do without giving the reader any headaches. You’ll bring a fresh perspective to how we talk to customers about our global events and you’ll be passionate about sharing that vision with the creative team and all internal and external partners.
- Write engaging copy in a conversational, customer-oriented style.
- Master our brand voice and tone
- Understand advertising craft, and occasionally write sharp, smart headlines
- Attend all necessary briefings, meetings, and presentations
- Manage multiple projects for internal and external clients
- Work with project management to meet deadlines
- Monitor current competitors, industry trends, and technology
- 5-7 years of experience writing marketing copy. Tech experience helps, but isn’t required
- Experience writing for B2B customers
- A solid understanding of technology and the cloud
- Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Flexibility and patience in the face of changing methods and objectives
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Optimistic attitude, infectious positivity
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
Note: A portfolio with examples of your writing is essential for this position.