Our client is a large financial institution and they are looking for a Marketing Copywriter to join their team!
We need ideas. Good ones. We need snappy, pun-free headlines that engage, entice and persuade. We need original, cliché-less prose that can hold someone’s attention.
As a copywriter for the internal creative agency, you’ll work closely with a band of like-minded writers, art directors, editors, and members of the traffic and account management team at all levels to conceptualize, cajole, debate and experiment your way into creative solutions that translate marketing strategy into compelling messaging and content for our customers and B-to-B audiences.
Marketing and communications materials to be developed include digital ads for owned media, brochures, ads, sales tools, videos, emails, social media, and online advertising campaigns. The Copywriter is expected to actively contribute to the conceptual development of original solutions and create polished, final deliverables whether working independently or under the guidance of a more senior creative.
· Develop concepts/solutions for credit cards, auto loans, mortgage and the retail bank within a rapidly changing, highly regulated environment.
· Write compelling, effective copy and adhere to brand guidelines, and contribute to the ongoing evolution of our voice, style and organizational standards.
· Collaborate with fellow creatives and account managers to strategize about campaign needs and creative considerations from start to finish: think strategically and consider the customer experience and overall communications framework.
· Assist in presenting creative ideas and solutions to clients.
· Advise clients on idea and campaign recommendations and issues.
· Partner with external agencies to create content that supports campaign objectives.
· Participate in project kick-offs, status meetings, and creative reviews, to stay aligned with the creative process and ensure adherence to timelines.
Qualifications for Copywriter:
· ONLINE PORTFOLIO WITH SAMPLES OF YOUR WORK REQUIRED
· At least 7 years of professional marketing, advertising or content writing experience at an agency, financial institution or large corporation.
· Proactive, organized and detail-oriented work style
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently but also experienced at collaborating with art directors and others within a team environment
· Strong communication, leadership and strategy skills.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and consistently meet deadlines
· Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
· Commitment to customers and the customer experience and a strong familiarity with foundational UX principles.
· Knowledge of the financial services industry, or the ability to learn it quickly
· Experience working in a highly regulated industry with an understanding of the importance of risk and control (ie, pharmaceutical or healthcare if not financial)