Our client is a large financial institution in Richmond, VA and they are looking for a Copywriter to join their brand creative digital team. This Copywriter role is 12+ months and may extend. Health benefits and 401K offered through Aquent.
Copywriter must have:
- conceptual, creative ideation, good headline, some content writing
- creative ideas plus traditional copywriter
- 1yr assignment to start, potential to extend based on performance and fit
Our client is seeking a talented Copywriter to join one of their brand creative teams. But not just any Copywriter, one who can go from conceptual ideation to writing a quick direct headline without hesitation. Someone who enjoys coming up with a compelling SMS as much as a crafting a memorable headline, and no matter what always uses creative cleverness. Someone as passionate for customers as they are for their copy, and works to make every customer communication the best it can be.
The Copywriter and an art director will partner to work on a variety of projects. The Copywriter will be involved with everything from small product page changes or email campaigns up to creating, building and presenting new and unique experiences. You won’t spend your days coding, but we want someone familiar with that process and all things digital. The Copywriter will collaborate with digital, strategy, and business partners along the way to build and refine your ideas and our products.
The Copywriter will have the opportunity to influence our processes, architecture, and approach. This isn’t a position for someone who wants to just take orders. This is for someone who will bring new ideas to the table. We’re looking for the right mix of customer obsession, creative writing, high standards and problem solving.
Copywriter qualities we’re looking for:
• A problem solver, conceptual thinking and strategic problem solving are key
• Someone who can think visually about how the copy comes to life
• A team player who readily collaborates with all types of people
• You are equally comfortable writing a clever headline as you are writing longer copy
• You have a clear understanding of tone and the ability to adapt your writing style based on the message and your intended audience
• You understand the importance of creative strategy, can use it to create powerful work, and can clearly present it to others for buy-in
• You have a positive outlook and attitude
• You consistently deliver quality work, on time, with exceptional attention to detail
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, UI design, responsive/adaptive design principles are a plus. You don’t have to do it, just understand how you can use those tools to your advantage.
Basic Copywriter Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of work experience specializing in communications and creative writing
• Preferred Qualifications:
• At least 2 years of Advertising agency or 2 years of marketing agency experience
• At least 1 year of Financial industry experience