AQUENT is looking for a conceptual Copywriter with at least 5 to 8 years of experience within the advertising and marketing industry. The Copywriter must have a solid experience in written market communications - for both long and short form. Can follow and deliver against the companies specific brand standards. The Copywriter must be a good story teller at the same time too, being able to refine their copy skill sets while they are still learning. This will be an on going assignment, onsite. No remote work! Health benefits and 401K offered!
The Copywriter must have experience working in either or both, client servicing ad-agency or in-house creative corporate culture and is also a strong presenter of work, able to provide solid rationale, and comfortable working with legal and compliance regulatory teams and can provide work-around solutions to fit the business needs.
The Copywriter will be working with senior creatives and partners to craft/proof/edit the message and tone for all of client's business needs, specifically to start, bring a slew of legacy banking and banker collateral within a new brand voice and editorial standards. The ideal candidate must be conceptual and strategic problem solver and works well in a team of big thinkers and someone who is also comfortable as well as co-leading creative work-streams and projects.
-Advertising & Marketing copy samples/portfolio
-experience working in either/both client servicing Ad-Agency or in-house creative corporate culture
-works well in collaboration with other creatives such as Sr. Copywriters/Art-Directors/Developers
-comfortable with proofing, copy-editing, copy consultation
-will be a champion/evangelist for the "brand voice” & brand editorial guidelines (has experience with brand guidelines)
-a strong presenter of work, be able to provide solid rationale as to what is being proposed in the creative work.
-very strong digital production background (both in web, email, mobile and application environments) as well as experience in traditional (print, tv, radio)
-is comfortable working with legal/compliance regulatory teams, and can provide work-around solutions to fit the business need.
Description of the Role:
This Copywriter will support the Small Business Bank line of business and work on a number of complex banking & financial product copy needs and crafting/editing/proofing engaging well conceived written copy in our brand voice for multiple digital & print collateral. Additionally, this Copywriter will support our broader marketing & product strategy initiative by helping explain banking principles in a simple, clear, approachable customer-friendly fashion.
- Produces clear, concise and interesting writing across ALL projects-optimizes the marketing message through smart copy
- Copy should support the strategy, and ensure that the key message is clearly communicated
- Can articulate strategy and understand and follow a creative brief; Insights, CTA’s, messaging, etc. and can confidently participate in brainstorming sessions to develop copy platforms
- Is passionate about his/her work. Proactively seeks and leverages feedback from those around him/her to better his craft.
- Manages his/her own time effectively and autonomously
- Meets deadlines and deliverables and can do their job without constant oversight. Flags concerns in a timely manner.
- Pays attention to grammar, copy proofing and through understanding of Brand Editorial Guidelines, checks for product, consistency, brand standards adherence, spelling, production concerns, other errors.
- Understands the media (print, online, mobile) and its limitations
- Copy will address the media channels. Copywriters must understand the differences and the nuances of each channel and utilized the best practices. ie trigger words for digital, word lengths in subject lines. Will lean on Senior Creative Leadership when in doubt of best practice
- Actively listens, engages and articulates themselves in a corporate setting and presents concepts and rationale confidently to manager
- Keeps up-to-date on industry and marketing trends and best practices and understands and stays current with the environment (legislative, economic, consumer) and competitor marketing
Breakdown of Attributes:
Copywriter who has solid experience in written market communications – long and short form. Can follow and deliver against Brand Standards. Can Story-tell, but still refining their copy skill sets, they are still learning.
·10% Concepting: Post briefing, copywriter will develop initial concepts with partner art director/designer. In the development of ideas/copy platform the writer may need to interpret research data, conduct desktop research, conduct brainstorming to find ideas and script these initial ideas into concepts platforms that are clear, easy to understand and address the concerns of the brief. They are able to speak to the idea/concept with excitement/clarity/enthusiasm and bring it back to the brief and how it solves the “ask”.
·50% Developing Copy: Upon successful concept is approved, copy will be fully developed. All copy will need to be incorporated from the brief, written in the Brand Voice, disclaimers will need to be checked for accuracy and legal and production/project managers will need to be consulted for final copy release. Checks for product, consistency, brand standards adherence, spelling, production concerns, other errors.
·40% Revising & Editing Final Approved Copy: Understands that copy revision is a big part of their job. There are times when the copywriter can “respectfully push back” on changes often those will be a case by case situations. Brand Voice and accuracy should always be the conversation. They are meticulous at corrections and changes copy will need to follow the Brand Editorial Standards.