Seeking an experienced Copywriter to join a major pharmaceutical client in Forth Worth for a long term contract opportunity!
The Copywriter is a strategic thinker who can brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and produce thoughtful, impactful messaging for digital, print, and broadcast deliverables. The Copywriter works closely with the Designer. This team is responsible for concepting, executing against marketing strategies, confirming content is truthful, accurate, and complies with codes of advertising practice. The Copywriter is adept at writing persuasive, compelling copy that motivates and inspires the target audience to take a desired action. In addition to writing to various audiences, the copywriter is expected to craft copy for a variety of disciplines, including direct, broadcast, digital, loyalty, promotional, and instructional.
This position is responsible for gaining clarity on the creative brief and generating conceptual copy that grabs the attention of the target audience. This may include creating straplines, body copy, jingles, and video scripts.
Usually working on multiple projects, the typical creative process can involve:
- meeting with key stakeholders to discuss requirements, core messages, and target audience
- becoming familiar with the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market
- brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and text with the designers of the creative team
- writing and presenting copy options with the designer to clients which may be presented as a story board
- modifying copy until the client is satisfied
- overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers, and production companies
- casting actors and models to appear in advertisements and videos
- General knowledge of copywriting fundamentals
- Strong command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles, spelling, and grammar
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with management, associates, and clients
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, within budget, and manage workloads effectively
- Be highly creative, imaginative, and possess curiosity about clients' products or services
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team and with a broad range of creative people
- Be highly self-motivated and well organized
- Be able to see other people's points of view and process all feedback
- Possess good leadership, people, and project management skills
- Maintain an interest in:
- commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
- why loyal customers buy certain products
- competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies.
Minimum Education Requirements:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, advertising and/or marketing
Minimum Experience Requirements:
5-8 years’ experience writing for direct, digital, and promotional marketing, mass advertising, instructional, or a relevant combination of education and experience.