• Creates, proofreads and self-edits copy that reflects the brand voice and clearly communicates our marketing messages.
• Writes product copy for the web site
• Write headlines & editorial content for the website, write emails, proofread all copy to be included on the website & organize website assignments.
• Possess strong creative writing skills, fashion awareness, customer-orientation, and flawless use of English and Japanese required.
• Propose unique editorial content outside of marketing team's scope where/when appropriate.
• Play an active role in seasonal creative exploration, contributing compelling and innovative ideas that drive the site execution.
• Present concepts representing overall creative strategy as needed. Should be prepared to field questions about the creative and receive feedback, then work this in to deliver a strategically sound final piece.
• Partner with the Creative Team to serve as a catalyst for creative thinking and non-traditional solutions within the creative department.
• Partner closely with design team, marketing, photo studio, and production team on projects.
• Must be versatile in many different types of communications, detail-oriented and extremely organized, able to take direction, capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, and possess the ability to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects while maintaining high levels of creative.
• Should be comfortable taking the lead on projects, asking the right questions, supporting strategy and delivering compelling and unique creative solutions with minimal supervision.
• Besides having first-class written and verbal communication skills, this writer will be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and manage expectations and dependencies.
• Must be innovative, motivated and self-directed and comfortable working with teams
• Impeccable command of English and Japanese, including spelling, vocabulary, and grammar.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word. Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Internet programs.
• B.A. in English, creative writing, or related field, preferred.
• Must read/write/speak English.
• Ability to read/write/speak Japanese fluently strongly preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs